I love this time of year!!! Thanksgiving and Christmas, such wonderful times of the year...my favorite time of the year! So, for November, I'm going take Monday's and list some things that I'm thankful for. Really we should take every day of the year to thank the Lord for His richest blessings...even on the days when we don't feel like being thankful! :) Yes, we all have those days for sure! Sometimes they seem more prevalent, but that's when we must offer sacrifices of thanksgiving and praise...I was reading something recently about that...I can't remember the exact way the writer was describing it, but I do remember she said that there are days that we truly don't feel like being thankful...I think sometimes as ladies we are on a roller coaster of emotions...we can be up today and down tomorrow, we are more easily affected by circumstances...but what that she was saying was that we must create good habits...habits of thankfulness not a critical spirit...it must be a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving...boy, how much that would be an improvement on our attitude! I know on the days that the devil tries to get me down, I can just sit there and wallow in my critical attitude (self centeredness) (which I have to say I do...ok...I'm not perfect...would like to be, but I'm still a sinner!) or I can just start thanking the Lord...it is not easy some days...but anyway what I was saying, on those days, we have to "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say rejoice." (Phil. 4:4)...no matter what, we do have the Lord to rejoice in...so here we go, "THANFUL MONDAY'S"
Psalms 107:21-22
Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing."
Okay, so here is what I am thankful for this Monday:
1. I'm so thankful that my Jesus stays the same! What a blessing that is! That He hears me! Another thing that is wonderful is the fact my salvation does not depend on how I feel, how much I trust, how much I realize, or ME, but it is on my Saviour! Praise the Lord!!! My Jesus holds my salvation and me in HIS hands!
2. I'm so thankful for my wonderful family. My Daddy who has paid for my wedding...no, that's not the only thing my Daddy has done, but he has been such a godly example of what a real man is! My Mama has been helping so much lately getting stuff ready for the wedding...she has done so much more, too ;)...Mama has been such a godly example, too...such a wonderful Mama...teaching us girls what a true lady should be! My sisters have been my best friends...I'm going to miss ya'll!!!! Our times of going to McD's...looking for all the change in the house just to get a hamburger while Daddy and Mama were out of town on their anniversary trip! ;)
3. I'm thankful for my Jonathan! Yes, very thankful for the wonderful Christmas gift that I got last year from the Lord! As of today, we are down to 19 days!! Woohoo!!!! I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with the man of my dreams and prayers. I prayed that the Lord would send me a godly young man that loved the Lord, served the Lord faithfully in his church, saved :), loved children, family oriented, loves the bus ministry, older than me, taller than me, good worker...I could list the whole list, but one thing specific that was kind of silly was, I didn't want my man to play the piano, weird right? well, guess what? the Lord gave me even that desire! I am so thankful!!
Happy Thankful Monday's!!!!!
Pantry Challenge Week #3
-
I'm participating in the $5 Pantry Building Challenge hosted by Patsi at A
Working Pantry.
This is what I added to my pantry this week.
The black bea...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment