Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, July 23, 2010

Don't Worry...Be Happy...

A lot of times as Christians, at least I know for myself, that I struggle with letting things go that are completely out of my hands. I tend to worry about them, but you know what happens, when I do worry? I'm not happy! I guess the Lord has been dealing with my heart about this lately, and it seems that even in the last week, He has been even more so. I am not perfect...I'm just a sinner, and I think sometimes as a Christian we forget that...that we can't do everything, that we don't have the answer to every problem or question that arises in our lives or our loved ones lives, and that we are still sinners saved by HIS grace and mercy without our hands being involved, and then what we don't even realize is that we are giving into the devil's temptation to think on ourselves instead of keeping our eyes on the One Who is the Author and Finisher of our faith, our blessed Saviour...the One Who we should look to in every situation, the good and the bad...He is the bearer of our burdens, even the ones that seem light...It is hard to admit that we can't carry them...we are kind of like a child who is helping their parent take in the groceries...instead of carrying the light load, they opt for the 10 pound sack of potatoes...a load that they didn't have to and even couldn't carry...we are like that...we try to carry around our heavy heavy load, when our heavenly Father is right there waiting to carry it! 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

So next time, you have a burden, try leaving it with the Lord, and not worrying...yes, it is harder than you think...trust me, I know! BUT, what a wonderful Saviour we have that is waiting time and time again to help us...before I close...hoping this makes sense... :) ...I'd like to share the lyrics to this song! It is such an encouragement...if you want to hear it...just turn your volume up and listen to the first song on the playlist, it is two songs in one (He's all I need, first). Have a great weekend serving the Lord!

I Will Talk to My Father for You...


If you’ve got a problem, I’d sure like to share
There’s one special way I can show you I care
I could offer opinions that might prove untrue
For the only sure answer, here’s what I’ll do.

Chorus:
I will talk to my Father for you
And if I know my Father here’s what He’ll do
He will lay at your feet, all the things you pursue
It’s no bother, for my Father will do it for you.


I have never prayed fire down from the sky
But God saw each tear that ever fell from these eyes
So if you’ve got a mountain, alone you can’t climb
Then I’ll take your burden, and I’ll make them mine..Cause...

Chorus

Chorus 2
Let me talk to my Father for you
And if I know my Father, here’s what He’ll do
He will lay at your feet, all the things you pursue
It’s no bother for my Father will do it for you

Tag:

Oh, it’s no bother for my Father will do it for you

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Jennifer,
This is a very encouraging post. The lyrics to the song you posted are beautiful.

Debbie


For Your Enjoyment!