About a week ago, I posted something about living in a glass house. Well, today I was reminded about guarding our testimony. The Bible says in I Timothy 4:12, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." I had a facebook, but I deactivated it a little while ago, and I was surprised at some of the things that I saw from some of my Christian friends. Friends, we need to be careful about how we appear to others. I heard a song on a cd that we have, and it said that sometimes we may be the only Bible that others may read by living our lives in front of them. But today, people do not just see us in church or in the store, but technology is making it so easy to find each other and communicate, and see into every one's lives. Be careful that you are the right kind of example...guard it! We guard our purity, our family, but our testimony is just as precious! People often judge our faith by how we are or what they see before speaking to us...so just a reminder guard your testimony on the Internet and in person! Be careful!
Pantry Challenge Week #3
-
I'm participating in the $5 Pantry Building Challenge hosted by Patsi at A
Working Pantry.
This is what I added to my pantry this week.
The black bea...
1 day ago







2 comments:
Amen! People so often don't guard their testimony online, and it is almost more important online then in person.
BTW, 1 Tim. 4:12 was our camp verse this last week., and it was an incredibly week!!!!
Thanks for the post. :-)
Thank you for this very prudent reminder. Not only is it easy to allow technology to to distance us from the reality and repurcussions of what we do, but it also exposes us to a number of influences we ordinarily wouldn't encounter. I know personally, it is a fine line for me to be bolstered by the examples of my fellow Christian women online, and then being persuaded into acting irresponsibly and "forgetting" my primary purpose which is to honor and please our Lord. Personally, I fall victim to trends, and overspending, particularly by the reccomendation of women I admire. The internet amplifies this for me if I am not careful. However, sharing our thoughts and experiences online, as Godly women, can be a very wonderful thing as you well know.
xoxo Caroline
Post a Comment