Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Gift from a Friend

Photobucket

Isn't it beautiful? I just told Mama the other day that I didn't have any doilies to put around the house after Jonathan and I are married, but I didn't know where to find any at other than shopping in antique stores. (if you're southern, you have to have at least one doily in your home somewhere!) Anyway, this is another little thing the Lord does to show His love! He hears even our little wants...even the ones that we don't always ask for just to show that He loves us! Again, getting back to the story...after I said that, a dear lady friend gave me some country curtains the other day that she wasn't going to use anymore, and when we went to clean them, there was a little doily right on top! But that wasn't the best thing! Today, we went to meet some friends at McD's, and the oldest daughter, Carol made me this large beautiful doily by hand! Thank you, Carol! I love it!!!!

3 comments:

Cove Girl said...

I'm not into doily's myself, but it is lovely and such a nice personal gift too! I'm getting very excited for you!!!

Julia said...

Such a thoughtful and lovely gift! Handmade gifts are always the most meaningful. :)

sharon said...

How pretty! I love doilies! They add such warmth to anything. I have them all over the house! What a thoughtful gift.


For Your Enjoyment!