
1 Corinthians 3:1-3
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
Have you ever met a crybaby Christian? A baby doesn't know what is good for him....he is constantly whining when he doesn't feel good, when he's not in a good mood, when he is not entertained...when the attention is not focused on himself...a baby doesn't feed himself, doesn't share, sometimes hits and bites and spits (trust me they will!), gets dirty diapers...an all around crybaby!
I have to say that as a Christian, I'm guilty of being that...a crybaby! I hate to see it in others, but when it comes to me, it is so hard not to be one sometimes...but you know what it is really sad...a baby who never grows...whose spiritual growth is retarded. That is a true sad fact. That we can be those babies! Oh, may we desire to be one of God's children that is constantly desiring the milk of the Word, but also the meat of His Word! The Bible never says that we are lost, because we still are babies, but when you stand before the Lord, and you think back across your Christian life, how will you stand? Will you have grown into a mature adult child of the King or will you be standing there in your dirty diapers?
Remember the song in Sunday school about reading your Bible and praying everyday and you grow, but if forget to read your Bible and pray, you'll shrink. Our growth in the Lord must be a constant effort on our part through the work of the Lord through His Word. I'm not saying that we work for our salvation or to keep ourselves saved, but we must make an effort to feed on the right things. We must choose! Yes, it is with the Holy Spirit's help that we are able to grow and learn about our Lord, but the same is true with our relationship with our earthly father. Daddy is still my daddy, but you know what? I can still be his child yet never really know him, never learn about what pleases him, never love him like I should, because I never made the effort to grow close to him...I never grew in my relationship with my daddy! The same is true with our heavenly Father. If I don't make the effort to know Him or draw close to Him, I'm going to remain that whiny crybaby...
James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Psalms 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.
2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Every effort of growing and learning more about our Lord and Saviour is a command for us! When we are saved, it is not just "POOF!" You know your Father, you know the Lord! No, our daily walk and relationship with the Lord is a constant task for us to work on, but what is so wonderful is the fact that we are not drawing alone, growing alone, learning alone, walking alone, our Lord is right their drawing close as we are drawing close to Him...one more verse: John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. You know, we have to make the choice to grow and learn about our Saviour, but still, without Him, we can't do it! If we have the desire to learn more about Him and ask Him to help us as we study His Word, then surely He will help us!






2 comments:
Thanks for this Jennifer. I am feeling discouraged lately. This post was a real blessing. Have a wonderful day, you must be so busy with the wedding right around the corner!
Hello Jennifer~
It is so nice to meet you.
It is always nice to meet like-minded people.
This was a wonderful post!
Blessings~
Carrie
Post a Comment