Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, September 3, 2010

What does our country need?


What does our country need?
Not armies standing with sabres gleaming ready for the fight;
Not increased navies, skillful and commanding, to bound the waters with an iron might;
Not haughty men with glutted purses trying to purchase souls, and keep the power of place;
Not jeweled dolls, one another vying for palms of beauty, elegance, and grace.
But what we want women, stronge of soul, yet lowly with that rare meekness, born of gentleness;
Women whose lives are pure and clean and holy,
The women whom all little children bless;
Brave, earnest women, helpful to each other, with finest scorn for all things low and mean;
Women who hold the name of wife and mother far nobler than the title of a queen.
Author unknown

2 comments:

Cove Girl said...

AMEN!

Sandra said...

What a great post. I enjoyed reading your "Happy Birthday" post to your mom too! My heart is at home too! I LOVE being a wife and a mother. There is just nothing better this side of heaven. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I keep telling my older two children that God DOES have someone for them and he'll bring them in his time. I know you are very excited about this time in your life. May God richly bless you!!


For Your Enjoyment!