Yes, I know that some of ya'll would argue with me, but I do believe that I have the best mama in the world! I wouldn't trade her for another. Rebekah did her post first, so some of you that read hers, you are probably about to read some of the same things (plus she is so much better with words)! BUT...they are ALL true!!! I love you, Mama! Happy Birthday!!!!!
Mama, you have been my best friend...I am so thankful that you were not just our mama, but also, someone we could laugh with and have fun with! You taught us that being a Christian is not walking around like we are "knot on a log" but there is joy in being saved!! That the Lord gave us this life to enjoy! Thank you for having fun with us and showing us how to enjoy the life that Lord gave us!!! But I'm also so thankful that not only have you been my mama and friend in the good times, but you have prayed with me during my down times...looked at me during times when I was worrying about something beyond my control, and told me the truth! Thank you for showing me how to be saved!! Thank you for being there for me!
As I am getting closer to November 27, Mama, I realize even more the many things that I need to learn from you. Mama, you have been a true example of what a helpmeet should be. You are always ready to don the costume of whatever daddy needs you to do, whether it is being a homemaker, cleaning the church, picking up extra kids on Sunday, running errands for the church and for him, working with the ladies, working in the children's ministry, wearing a gorilla costume, hillbilly, pirate, old lady, teenager, and all the other random costumes you've worn through the years...Thank you for being the best godly wife and example us girls can look up to! Thank you for including us in the things that you've done...I have learned so many things just helping you and watching you with others and doing things with you, Mama!
Not only have you done all these things at church, but you have always kept our home looking beautiful! Mama, you are the best homemaker. You always make our home a home! And that is not a little thing! Trust me, I have seen some houses that I wouldn't want to live in, and it just makes me even more thankful! Thank you for teaching us how to keep a clean house...and telling us that you won't going to visit us when we are married if our houses are nasty...haha...I promise, I will keep a clean house!
Another thing, thank you for your love for children and babies...I'm so glad that you prayed all those years to have children. I'm so glad the Lord allowed me to have you as a mama. I'm so thankful that you instilled in us girls that love, too! I'm so thankful that you didn't ship us off to daycare or some kind of babysitter...I can still picture you always rocking, Bethany especially, but you treasured every moment...even the times when I know that we were aggravating! ;) I know you still do treasure every moment! Thank you that you also taught us that we can pray about anything, and that the Lord WILL answer us!
I love you, Mama! I am so thankful to the Lord for giving you to me! You ARE the BEST mama in the world!






3 comments:
Happy Birthday Mrs. Taylor!!!!!! :) That was a very sweet post Jennifer! (btw, I tagged you.... it's on my blog, Sing Praise to God)
Dear Jennifer,
I pray that my daughters will have the same heart and prayer for me as you do your Mother..what a blessing and special gift to be able to not only have a Mother but a Best Friend in her as well...Lord Help me to be that as well..Happy Birthday to your Mom..
In Christ
Angelina
Happy Birthday, Mrs. Taylor!!!
Post a Comment