Don't you just love the weekend? I guess I am feeling very random today with the title and all, but I do love random posts. I even love reading other bloggers randomness! You really get to know a person sometimes by their thoughts that they are sharing.
Anyway, I was looking at my Facebook profile to see if I wanted to change anything on mine, and I forgot that I had this quote on there:
"God never places us in any position in which we can not grow. We may fancy that He does. We may fear we are so impeded by fretting, petty cares that we are gaining nothing; but when we are not sending any branches upward, we may be sending roots downward. Perhaps in the time of our humiliation, when everything seems a failure, we are making the best kind of progress." Elizabeth Prentiss
Then, that reminded me of the song that we are singing tomorrow in church, "Stand Still." Sometimes, it does seem as if we are just standing still in circumstances in our lives..."that we are gaining nothing"...through the time that we are going through, but the Lord never places us in a position that He doesn't want us to learn and grow from it! "sending roots downward"






2 comments:
Your blog is a great encouragement to me.. The Lord has definitely used it in my life! Thank You!
Yes... I love random posts too, Jennifer! I really enjoyed what you shared tonight. So true!!
Post a Comment