Do you remember being in school, and on Friday's, it was always show and tell? You got to stand in front of the class, and talk all you wanted (well, for the alloted time that your teacher gave you) about this treasure that you found or someone gave you. It could have been a rock, a stick, a doll with one eye missing, but it was such a treasure and an exciting time to tell about your find!
Well, since I have started this new blog, I have been thinking about different days to do different posts on, and this is one that came to mind! Show and Tell Friday! I think I may have seen this on someone else's blog, and if I have, thanks for sharing the idea!
Well, this Friday, I don't really have the actual pictures to show you my "treasures" but I do have one picture of what my "treasure"is!
Today, we went shopping at Goodwill and a few other places, and mama found two Lodge cast iron skillets/frying pans!!! At a very good price! I already have a large one that I found a few years ago there, but today Mama bought me a small one and a medium size one. Exactly what I needed! I was so excited!!! (I know...I know...kind of strange to get so excited over a couple of frying pans, but if you live down South, there is nothing like a good heavy frying pan!)
I did find a couple other treasures today...a denim skirt and a new dress! Two other great finds! So, all in all, it was a very good day today! (Just a little side note, another thing that made it a good day was the fact that we are down to only 6 more days until I see Jonathan again!) A very good day indeed!
Pantry Challenge Week #3
-
I'm participating in the $5 Pantry Building Challenge hosted by Patsi at A
Working Pantry.
This is what I added to my pantry this week.
The black bea...
1 day ago







4 comments:
Who would discard such a great item?
Cast iron skillets are great! Definitely a reason to get excited:)
I loved show and tell. If I ever forgot about it I'd always get upset.
I know...I know...it is kinda sad that someone would get rid of such a great find! But great for me!!
Oh.... what a neat find, Jennifer! And it sounds like you were excited about the skirt and dress too... I know how much you love denim skirts. ;-)
~ Love & Blessings,
Lindsay <3
We used to use nonstick... but now we only use Cast iron!!! THey are awesome! I'm so used to cooking on them that it is diffucult to use any other!
Post a Comment