Happy Valentine's Day!!!! I know, I know, I'm a day late and a dollar short, like my Papa used to say, but as I was thinking about what to post about this Monday, several things passed through my mind. One thing was this was the first Valentine's that I had someone special (Jonathan) to celebrate Valentine's with, but the other thing was the fact that sometimes we get so wrapped up in our different relationships whether it is with our families, friends, that someone special, that we forget to put the ONE who should be our Everything first...Our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lord is so good to us, so loving, so kind. May we never forget those things, but here are a few verses that stood out to me today:
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Isaiah 12:2
This first list a lot of things the Lord is to me...He is my salvation, my strength, my song. I love the fact that He is my Salvation, but not only is He my Salvation, He is my Song. Have you ever had a day when you don't think that you can make it another minute in your Christian journey, but the next thing you know, you have renewed strength and a song just pops into your mind?
For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken. Proverbs 3:26
I love this verse. He is my Confidence. When others fail me, I can have confidence that He will never fail me!
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. Psalms 121:5
Not only is He my Confidence, but He is my Keeper. He keeps me from harm, but He also keeps what I commit to Him."... for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." 2 Timothy 1:12b
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16
My Jesus is my High Priest. He is ever interceding on my behalf, providing me with mercy and grace and help in time of need. He not only intercedes for us, but He also understands my problem.
I could go on and on about my Lord and Saviour, as I'm sure you could give me verses upon verses, too. He is our Joy, our Peace, our Guide, our Strong Tower, our Everything! Have a great Monday!
Pantry Challenge Week #3
-
I'm participating in the $5 Pantry Building Challenge hosted by Patsi at A
Working Pantry.
This is what I added to my pantry this week.
The black bea...
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment