Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, February 1, 2010

David's Prayer--and Mine" by Patty Albert



God led me to read Psalm 18 every day of the year in 2004. It is a passage that I know I will cherish for the rest of my life. It was given to me that I might overcome worry and fear. I never used to worry until I had children! Now, I understand why my mother worried. But worry is a lack of trust for Who God is and the loving providence He has over our lives.

Since then, every morning I begin my prayer with this text, saying it to my Lord. I say, "I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength. Thank You for being my Rock. That means I can depend on You, Lord. You are strong enough and stable enough to take care of me, my husband, children, job, church, etc. Thank You, Lord for being my fortress. I am glad You will be all around me today protecting me from all harm. Thank You for being my deliverer. I'm trusting You to deliver me from worry and fear and replace it with faith and trust. Thank You for being my God, not just a god or the God, but my God. You are a good God and You are Faithful and True. Thank You for saving me and becoming my God. Thank You for being my Strength. It is only through You that I am here on my knees. you helped me get up. Thank You for my health; for keeping my heart beating and my lungs breathing. Thank You, Lord, that I can trust You. I know Your Word is true and You are dependable. Thank You for being my Buckler. You are my Shield and the One Who holds my life together. Thank You for being the Horn of my salvation. In battle, a horn is sounded when help is here. Lord, let me hear Your voice. Let me hear You running to my aid. Thank You for being my High Tower. I know that you can see out, far ahead of my vision. You know what lies ahead for me and my family. You will sustain us through whatever comes this day, this month, this year, and for eternity."

All us well in my heart and mind as I pray these verses to my God. I am next to His bosom in peace. My fears are gone and He is there. By faith, I rest in these words.

Taken from A Heart Devoted

Mrs. Patty Albert is the Pastor's wife of Lifeway Baptist Church in Ellettsville, IN

No comments:


For Your Enjoyment!