Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, October 2, 2009

Jennifer's Daybook

FOR TODAY...October 2, 2009

Outside my window...a nice fall day...the clouds have come in, we are expecting rain tonight and tomorrow...but it just makes for the perfect fall weather that you would read about in a book!




I am thinking...about emailing some people...wow...I think I said that last week! haha...sorry for the delayed emails...we have been busy! Plans for tonight, tomorrow, and next week!




I am creating...the big children's church schedule for daddy...poster for our Fall Festival at church...I need to do a post for the feminine challenge...




I am thankful for...the Lord's patience with me! Oh, how many times have I failed Him, yet He ever remaineth faithful! Praise the Lord for His goodness!




From the kitchen...I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies last night...tonight we are celebrating Molly's birthday at Aunt Amy's




I am wearing...a denim skirt from Goodwill and a Purple shirt with a beaded necklace and my brown moccasins!




I am going...to a B-day party...soulwinning tomorrow morning with the church...of course church on Sunday...




I am reading...We bought a new book on the Hope chest from the homeschool store that I want to go through...but I can't exactly remember the title...still reading How do I Get These Kids to Listen? by Ed Dunlop...




I am hearing...the music on my blog..."A Few Good Men"




Devotional life...I am doing a devotional by Amy Carmichael, and I am also working on a notebook that our piano teacher told us about. You start a binder with dividers and notebook paper, and start in Psalms, looking for verses about God or what God is...Example: One category might be "God is my strength..." so under that divider you would list every verse that would deal with that. Some verses may be under several categories, but the idea is to get you to know your God better, to understand what He is to you personally. Once you finish with Psalms, you move on to a different book of the Bible. This has helped me tremendously! I kind of quit it for a time, but I am starting it back. You will be surprised, but you will be constantly starting a new category! This is great for Scripture memory, plus if there is something in your life that you need a specific Scripture for...let's say you need strength, you feel weak...you can pull out the verses about God being our strength!




Picture thought... isn't this little guy cute?!? My sister, Bethany, caught him as he perched on our post outside!










1 comment:

Maggie said...

I love reading daybook posts! I loved reading yours! Thanks for sharing!


For Your Enjoyment!