Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...September 8, 2009



Outside my window...well...it's beginning to look a lot like fall, everywhere we go...(you know like the Christmas song..."It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...hahhaa) the weather is pleasant...partly cloudy...with a chance of rain.


I am thinking...about some stuff that daddy asked me to type up...this post...


I am thankful for...my family and for good Christian friends...the Lord is so good to give us good families and good friends for encouragement and love!


From the kitchen...homemade granola bars...I'll have to post them sometime. They are delicious!



I am wearing...a denim skirt with a brown and white shirt and brown sandals.


I am creating...this post...some cross-stitching...a yo-yo quilt (I have been kind of messing with it for some time...we will see if I can actually put it together ;-)


I am going...to teach music this afternoon, type up some thing for daddy, put new names on the choir books for daddy...


I am reading...well, I thought that I would read some English literature...haha...enriching my mind...I think...I have been reading Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Robert Browning...Elizabeth is ok, but Robert Browning was kind of strange...I have started How do I get these kids to listen?...Ed Dunlop is a smart man when it comes to children's ministry!


I am hearing...my sister, Bethany, munching on a granola bar...hahaha



Around the house...school has started for Bethany and Katie, Rebekah and I are teaching music and learning more homemaking skills...Rachael's brother is coming on Saturday and staying for a couple of weeks...but that's about all the excitement going on here.



One of my favorite things...the ministry...one thing that bothered me when I was at college at WCBC was the fact that I had to sit on a pew every Sunday and Wednesday. I like to be involved. We had ministries and had to go soulwinning, but it just wasn't the same. One thing, my parents have always taught us is the ministry is not just my daddy's ministry but it is the family's ministry. We have always been taught not to be pew sitters. (For those of you in the ministry, Walls of Glass by Dr. Russell Glenn Riggs, very encouraging for you and your children).



A few plans for the rest of the week: Piano lessons on Thursday, McDonald's for a bus promotion on Sunday...(pray for us...we are taking our bus kids to McD's ;-)



Special Prayer Request: Please pray that the Lord will bless our Fall Sunday School Drive at church!


Picture thought that I am sharing... These are a couple of pictures from Donnie's wedding...All of us cousins before Donnie was married, and what we like to call the Lime green picture!





2 comments:

Caroline said...

I really, really love your new blog background! I want to copy you (but I won't). :)
Blessed be!
Caroline

Brooke said...

Jennifer,
My name is Brooke and I'm friends with your sister Rebekah on her blog. I really love both of y'alls blogs. I love your bachground, too. Please fell free to go to my blog. Hope you enjoy!
Brooke


For Your Enjoyment!