I was reading this morning during my Bible reading, Jeremiah 29:11-13:
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon Me, and ye shall go and pray unto Me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart."
I have started a little journal, just a little pad, that I keep with me in my purse, of little thoughts that the Lord has given me. Whether a verse or just a thought that he sends to my heart about His goodness. It's good to put into remembrance those things that the Lord has done for us and shown us either through His Word or through the Holy Spirit's leading and guidance. This is something that has helped me when my mind is filled with worry and the devil comes to me with discouraging thoughts.

Those verses and thoughts are a comfort, a reminder of what the Lord has shown me or promised me. There is a saying that I have heard...Don't forget in the night what God has shown you in the light...I think that is right...anyway that is the gist...But at times, when it is so cloudy that we can not see what is ahead, when our way seems so dark, and we pray and think that our Father is not listening...these promises and reminders of God's thoughts toward us are great encouragements! Kind of like that night-light in a dark room when we were kids, even in the dark times of our life, those verses and thoughts of peace are like lights shining giving us assurance!
After all this rambling, I hope that this has come across to someone as encouragement! Just remember, God is so good!







4 comments:
Hey, we were just looking throught he new Sword of the Lord magazine and I believe your picture is in there! That's really neat! We enjoy your blog.
One of our church members just told me this Sunday that we were in there! All four of us girls! Thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer
Encouraging post, God is good all the time!
Thanks for stopping by, Jonathan! Glad that is was an encouragement! Did ya'll see your family in the new issue of the Sword? Look on pg. 4 if you get a chance!
Jennifer
Post a Comment