Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, July 24, 2009

A Night of Canning...

With trying to get ready to head out of town and all, we have been trying to use some of our vegetables and fruit. So tonight we have been canning tomatoes...they looked so pretty in the jars!

The Scary Pressure Cooker~

Since we have been canning, I wanted to recommend a very helpful book about canning...The Ball Blue Book of Preserving. We bought our copies at Walmart for about $5. This book has been such a great buy to our household! I would heartily recommend it to ladies for their hopechests and those of you already married for your kitchen!




Happy Canning!



2 comments:

Dani Joy said...

We use to can everything too. Lot´s of tomatoes. I remember one year making our own sauce. It was fun smashing those things!

Becca said...

I was planning on a similar post!I can't believe that your week has been just like mine!

For the first time in years, we have canned relish (using my garden cucumbers), salsa and cherry jam! We hope to do more next week. The Ball Blue Book is THE BEST! :)

Oh, and guess what! The Highlander's Singing Men were at our church on Wednesday night--they are excellent!

I really like your blog's new look too! The summer has been busy and I have not been visiting many other blogs lately. Your post on canning just really brightened my day! :)


For Your Enjoyment!