Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, June 1, 2009

Whatsoever state I am...


I was looking through some of my old posts...okay not too old, but this post covers something that I have been struggling with lately in my own life, contentment! That is such a hard thing to be--content...we are always looking for the next step in life. If we are single, then we want to be married, when we are married, then we want to have children...and so on. My desire in my life is to be married and have children, but one thing the Lord has been convicting me of lately is the fact of contentment! I need to learn to enjoy whatever stage of life I am in at the moment, and serve the Lord in that stage of life. Right now, the Lord has seen fit to bless me with the time here with my family, serving Him in my local church, learning to be a keeper at home (which is biblical). Though I long for the day when I can have a home of my own (it is not wrong to have those desires, the Lord gives ladies a high calling and we should desire that for our lives), I am going to take this time in my life to be content in the Lord! So here is the post, it's short but I hope it's a blessing!


"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

Philippians 4:11


One of the hardest things for me to be is content! I admit it! It is one of my downfalls, but this year one of my goals is to be content doing what the Lord has for me at this stage in my life.

The Bible says to, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt. 6:34


We are not to worry about what is going to happen tomorrow or the next day or what is not going to happen. The Lord knows...verse 32, "...for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things." He knows what we need at the time that we need it. He knows when we are to be married, when we are to have children, when we are to have a church, what we are supposed to do with our lives! Why should I worry?! But I'm sure that everyone will admit that they become discontent with one thing or another in their daily life!


Let's ask the Lord to forgive us and help us this year to become content with what He has in store for us! Not content with our lives spiritually, but content with His will for our lives! We should have desires for our lives as long as they are His will for our lives. Let's examine our motives our desires and surrender ourselves completely to the Lord. Everything! and just rest knowing that He is more than capable!



3 comments:

Dave said...

Great Post!!

Andrea said...

Yes, I hear you! And I hear the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart, also!

These very thoughts have been mine as of late! To learn to be content with whatever state I am in, as Paul said.

I want to humbly ask God for this work in my life today.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful words.

Blessings,

Andrea

Kate said...

Amen! Thanks for the post! What a great thought...and so true as well!


For Your Enjoyment!