
In my devotion a couple days ago, I read this poem by Amy Carmichael, and I thought that I would share it. It was such a blessing to me!
Before the winds that blow do cease,
Teach me to dwell within Thy calm;
Before the pain has passed in peace,
Give me, my God, to sing a psalm,
Let me not lose the chance to prove
The fullness of enabling love.
O Love of God, do this for me;
Maintain a constant victory.
Before I leave the desert land
For meadows of immortal flowers,
Lead me where streams at Thy command
Flow by the borders of the hours,
That when the thirsty come, I may
Show them the fountains in the way.
O Love of God, do this for me;
Maintain a constant victory.
~Amy Carmichael
Sometimes, when we go through trials, whether brought on by ourselves or the devil, let us ask the Lord to learn from those things. The Lord will use the hard times in our lives to enable us sometimes to be a blessing to others who are going through a similar situation. The Lord is so good to be with us when we are going hard times, when we feel like no one cares, when we are broken hearted, when we feel like we do not have victory. He is always there!







2 comments:
Jennifer, thank you for sharing this beautiful poem. Amy Carmichael is such a wonderful writer. She truly gave all to serve the Lord Jesus. What a challenge for us!
Many blessings to you, dear friend.
Take care of yourself.
In His Love,
Andrea
Hey we got the same names:) I just came across your blog and enjoyed my time here!! God bless
Jennifer
Post a Comment