Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, May 15, 2009

The Power of Prayer


When I attended West Coast last fall, in each classroom, they had a saying or quote on the walls of each room. And one class that I had every other morning at 7:30 had this quote by Dr. David Gibbs, "The only place that power comes before prayer is in the dictionary." You know that is so true! In our Christian lives today, we don't see our prayers answered in a real way, we have no boldness to witness, we have no victory over sin, we become so petty in our churches, we have so many problems, and most of the time, it's not from our lack of Bible reading but our lack of prayer. Prayer is us talking to God. Prayer like Dr. John R. Rice said it is asking and receiving! (Matt. 21:22) The Lord gave us a powerful tool to use!


Dr. Curtis Hutson used to sing a song about Heaven's lines never being busy. That is so true...we never get a busy signal with Jesus. He is waiting to meet our every need and even our heart's desires. I am constantly saying to my parents or someone else...I wish this would happen to me or I wish I could do this or had this or had victory over this in my life, but you know all I have to do is ask. I am not talking about asking for a million dollars or a red convertible, but you know He is our heavenly Father. He wants to meet our needs, He wants to make us happy, and He wants us to go to Him for those things that we need or want. Maybe you want to have children, take it to the Lord. Maybe you have a loved one who is sick, take it to the Lord. Maybe you want the Lord to send you a husband or wife, take it to the Lord. Maybe you want to see a loved one saved, take it to the Lord!


The Bible says in Matthew 18:19-20, "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them." Let's go to the Lord together believing that He will answer us!


If you notice on the left hand side, I have posted a prayer list. If anybody has any prayer requests that they would like for me to post, please feel free to leave a comment on any post, and I will post it to the side bar. Please, be sure to leave a comment when that prayer is answered!



1 comment:

Kate said...

My family has just had a huge answer to prayer...we have been praying about moving for over 10 years and God has just worked everything out today. And we will be moving within a month. It really was God's perfect timing...He knew we needed this right now. I am so encouraged right now...the power of prayer is a truly amazing thing. :) Thanks for the post.


For Your Enjoyment!