Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Recipe--Chicken Lasagna

A couple of weeks ago, my Aunt Amy's parents went to the Amish country and bought her a cookbook. Well, she passed on this recipe to us from that cookbook! It was so good! Sorry I have no picture of it, but it did not take long for it to get gone!

Chicken Lasagna

8 oz. lasagna noodles, cooked and divided

1 1/2 c. cottage cheese (ok I'm not a big fan of cottage cheese, it is gross to me, but you couldn't taste it in this!)

2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

3 c. cooked and cubed chicken breast ( I just kind of shredded it, but if you want to be precise this is what the recipe said!)

1 pkg. fresh mushrooms (I used a small can)

1/2 c. chopped onions

1/2 c. of butter (I didn't use a whole 1/2 cup of butter either, maybe I am not so good at following directions;-)

2 cans cream of chicken soup

2/3 c. milk

1 tsp. parsley flakes

2 tsp. seasoning salt

Saute mushrooms and onions in butter. Add soup, milk, parsley flakes and seasoning salt. Stir in chicken. Layer in 9x13 pan: Layer 1- half of chicken mixture; Layer 2-half of cooked noodles; layer 3: cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of cheddar cheese; Layer 4- remaining cooked noodles; layer 5- remaining chicken mixture; layer 6- 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Serves 10 people! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, thanks for the recipe! Sounds like something my Daddy would love!!

Andrea said...

I have got to try this recipe! It sounds absolutely delicious!

Thank you for sharing! Have a very blessed day!

With Christ's Love,

Andrea

Amy Fichtner said...

Thanks for the recipe!! And btw, Your header is soooo cute!

Dani Joy said...

Wow you really have been playing around with your blog! I love it! It almost makes me a little homesick. :)
I would like to try this recipe sometime. Sounds good.
I haven´t gotten your button up but hope to soon. :)
I love your music pics too! :)


For Your Enjoyment!