Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, October 29, 2010

A Song for the Mothers...

I was typing out the song that will be sung as the mothers walk down during the wedding and I thought that I would share it on here. Yes, it is one of those ones that brings the tears...it is such a beautiful song!

Covered By Prayer


By Mrs. Bonita Epley



Verse 1:

When you were very small, I’d slip into your room

And cover you with blankets soft and warm.

Protecting you from chilly air, I’d kiss my little baby there

And wrap them tight around your tiny form.

But seasons come and seasons go

How quickly time does fly

And the kiss I give to you now says “Goodbye."

No longer can I cover you to keep from the cold,

But I still have another way

In prayer my hands I fold.



Chorus:

I’ve covered you with prayer

Against the coldness of the world.

Where ever you may go, I hope you’ll always know

I’ve covered you with prayer

God’s promises are true

And He’s protecting you

No matter where you are He’s there

And I’m covering you with prayer.





2 comments:

Kali said...

That's such a beautiful song!

Una Esposa Feliz said...

When I have time, I Love and decide to visit your blog!! Congrats for all your blessings as a result to follow God's perfect will. Love
Danyra


For Your Enjoyment!