Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, September 10, 2010

God's Been Good...



I just love this song, and in the last couple days, I have been going over in my mind all the ways that the Lord has been so good to me. Do you know that there are so many things? Even the little details that we seem to over look, He orchestrates every one to work out our lives for good to His glory and honor! I was reviewing over all the blessings the Lord has given me...oh...and I can never begin to deserve the kindness and love that I have received from my Lord!

Being raised in a Christian home, saved at an early age, I will have to admit that I had begun to become ungrateful, spoiled child with a very loving heavenly Father, but you know what? In the last even week or so, my Father has shown me all the things He has given that I never will get over being thankful for...He is so very good! I know He didn't have to do those things but He did...He did those things to prove His love to us...I am reminded of a song that a pastor, his daughter, and another lady sing in their church, "He Loves Me Like I Was His Only Child." Isn't that amazing?!? My heavenly Father, so loving and kind, I am definitely least, but He seems to favor me above the rest! ;) But if you examined your life, you would say the same! For if we are saved, you have the same Father who is loving and kind.

I know that life is not all easy, and I have definitely had my times of hardness, not in the way that some have, I know. We all have our bad times and our good times, but through it all, we can honestly say that God has been good because the joys outweigh the trials, the wellness outweighs the sickness, the laughter outweighs the tears...the positive must always outweigh the negative, but even during those times when all seems foggy, dark, and dreary, we have a Saviour, a Rock, a Refuge, our Good Heavenly Father who will surely help, guide, give grace and assurance in those times! Praise the Lord! It is through those times that we truly realize the blessings that we have been given! We truly realize how good our God really is! So, whatever you are going through...maybe your heart is overflowing with love and happiness, you are about to enter one of the most joyful times of your life, like marriage...(yes, it is a good thing!! WOOHOO!!!! I'm so excited about the Lord's gift to me and blessing, my Jonathan!!!!) or motherhood, rejoice, praise the Lord for He is good!

Or maybe, you are at a point in your life, and you look around and you see nothing good. You may feel like you are forsaken by friends, family, and even the Lord. You may feel jealousy rising up in you because you feel like you don't have what someone else may have...as ladies we need to be very careful about being content in whatsoever state we are in, a very easy thing to say, I know, but hard to do!...maybe you have dealt with sickness, loss of a loved one, anything that may be in your pathway, and you may think I have nothing to be thankful about...because it is during those times, when you can't see in front of you, everything looks dark and bleak, but remember, trust me, look above! Start praising Him for Who He is! Then, as you thank Him for Who He is those things that seemed hard, yes, they will still be there, but you know what? They will seem smaller and smaller because we will begin to make Him bigger and greater as He should be...I was thinking of a verse to go with this part, one that says that our Saviour inhabits the praises of His people, but I can't seem to find it (do you ever do that? :D)  But I did find this to close with:

 1I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
 2My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
 3O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. (Psalm 34:1-3, King James Version)

Let us go forward, exalting our Lord, our Heavenly Father who has been so kind and good to us. God has been so good, and He will continue to be good! Bless His Holy Name!

3 comments:

Cove Girl said...

That's just what I needed this afternoon. Thanks:)

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much!! I needed to hear that post so much at the moment. Thank you so much for the encouragement!!
Jennifer

ERICA said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I needed to hear this as well! I actually sing this song at my church (pretty often too!) but God knows what we need to hear and when we need to hear it! He is so good to us! :)
Thank you for letting Him use you for His glory!
In Christ,
Erica


For Your Enjoyment!