Ladies, as I am getting closer and closer to our coming wedding, I am realizing more and more how I need as much information, helpful hints, recipes, ideas that I can get to add to even all the many things that Mama, Granny, and some of the many ladies that have influenced my life have shared.
So, I would love to hear from you!!!! Young ladies, too, if there is something that your mother/grandmothers have passed on to you, I would love to hear from you! I may even share some of your ideas, recipes, hints, etc. on here!
To start, here is a recipe that a lady in our church shared with our family
and Mama also post on here blog:
Onion Casserole
4 medium onions, sliced (size of lemon)
2 T margarine
12 saltine crackers, crushed
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 eggs
1/2 evaporated milk
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 c grated cheddar cheese
Saute onions in margarine. Line 8" square buttered dish with crackers. Mix onions and soup; pour over crackers. Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper; pour over mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Pantry Challenge Week #3
-
I'm participating in the $5 Pantry Building Challenge hosted by Patsi at A
Working Pantry.
This is what I added to my pantry this week.
The black bea...
1 day ago








6 comments:
hmm, let's see- a wet dryer sheet gets gum out of a dryer. Just wet and scrub!
Use baking soda with soap and warm water to clean out the drawers in a fridge. Helps keep the fridge smelling fresh a little longer.
Recipe-
1 Box of stuffing (or you could make your own i suppose)
1 can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 cup of your favorite veggies
1-2lbs of boneless chicken breasts
Make the stuffing first
Cut up the chicken into piece and throw in a 13X9 casserole dish.
Mix the soup, milk and cheese together in a bowl and pour over the chicken
Top with stuffing and bake for 30 mins at 400.
It's a great way to mix in some veggies although maybe not the healthiest :-). Plus when made for two people, you get lots of leftovers.
Congrats on your upcoming marriage!
Thanks for Sharing, Jennifer! I hope to try this recipe soon! It sounds delicious! Also, thanks for the hints!
It's been forever since I've read your blog!! I had to catch up... =) We've been super busy...
Enjoyed your posts, really like the video of the car crash. Too funny!!!
Here's one of my fav. recipes. We make it on an average of once a week. Extremely simple. The recipe makes a small amount, so for our family of eight, I have to triple of quadruple it. But for just two, I think it will be fine. =)
Alfredo sauce:
2 TBS. salted butter
1/2 c. of whipping cream
1/2 c. of finely shredded parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a small pan, add cream. Heat on meduim heat, stirring often. Keep on heat for 8-12 minutes, until it's a little bubbly. Add cheese, keep on heat for another 5-7 minutes. (At this point, it's wise to stir constantly, or the cheese will go to the bottom and melt, and it's no fun to clean up...) Take off heat. As it cools, it thickens, so I like to let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Hope this makes sense...
Also, it's really good mixed with a red sauce. Two batches of Alfredo to one can of marinara. If you pour this mixture over two boxes of cooked noodles in a 13x9 (or one box in something like a 9x9) and top with cheese, and put it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, it's really good...
I'm only thirteen, it sounds weird for me to tell you this recipe, but our family LOVES this, and I thought I would share it. It's really easy, and extremely frugal!
Thanks for sharing, Ashlyn! I will definitely try this! I LOVE any kind of pasta! It is a real wickness of mine!
Excuse me...a great WEAKNESS of mine...hahaha
Here's another tip for the Alfredo: =)
(I made it just last night, and figured out [finally] how to get the cheese to melt evenly.) If you add the cheese while it is at a rolling boil, it melts extremely quick, and is ready faster. I love Itailan food, it's my favorite! =)
Post a Comment