Yes, I know all of ya'll are ready for pics!! What a wonderful weekend I have had! Over the past 6 months, Jonathan has grown so special to me...so very very special. As we have grown so close together, we have learned so much about each other, talked about our likes and dislikes, where we stood on certain things in our courtship, and it is so amazing to see how the Lord has brought us together, even our like mindedness in how we feel about certain things...one thing that we had talked about were those 3 very special words...I love you!...We had been talking about where our courtship was leading us for the last couple weeks...marriage of course...we went into this courtship with the view of marriage in our near future, and we both had prayed about our relationship before we started our courtship, seeking the Lord's guidance...(on my part, I was praying that if Jonathan was the one the Lord wanted me to spend the rest of my life with that he would go to Daddy, calling him, to ask if he could start a courtship with me, but I only wanted it if it was the Lord's will and not mine...then I left it in His hands!)...It is so amazing what can happen when you let the Lord guide you! On December 3, 2009, as most of you know, the morning after I left it in the Lord's hand, Jonathan called Daddy to ask to court me. Over the following months, we have gone through the awkwardness of our first email, phone call, and meeting (yes, we are both shy!), but as we grew closer, our emails have gotten longer and more special, our phone calls sweeter, and our meetings more precious with each time together! Now to get back to those 3 special words...over the past 6 months, our relationship has grown from "I like you" to "I really really like you"...doing little special things to show each other how much we "liked" each other, but we had talked about saving those 3 words for our engagement...I have to say that it was getting harder and harder on both sides to hold those words in, but on June 19, around 10:45AM, we met Jonathan and his family halfway on Pilot Mountain. I knew in my heart that this was going to be a special time because it seemed like a long time since we had been together, but I never knew that it was going to be this special (I had a little feeling that Jonathan may propose, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much)! Our families started climbing (well, not really climbing rather walking up hill) Pilot Mountain, and it was rather busy. I noticed Jonathan was acting a little nervous when we were at the overlook...not really saying too much...I won't really talking that much either...as we walked up...we took a few pictures...all the family looked around a few minutes, then they started all walking back down, and I started to follow after them. Jonathan was standing back, and as I started to follow, Jonathan said, "Let's wait right here a minute and talk. It's kind of hard to talk with every one standing around." I think that he said something about they won't be going far...so, we walked back to look over the side, and talk a little, waiting for some random people walk off, as soon as those people left, Jonathan looked at me, and said, "Jennifer, I really like you a whole bunch, and those three words are getting harder and harder to hold back..." at this time, I kind of held my breath...ok...looking into Jonathan's eyes takes my breath away...the next thing I knew, Jonathan was taking a little black box out of his pocket and kneeling down on one knee, looking up at me (which never happens, I'm usually looking up at him)...he told me he loved me, and then said, "Jennifer, will you marry me?" The first things I did was cover my face...and say, "I'm not going to cry!"...then, I said, "YES!"...just not so loud...and of course, I told Jonathan for the first time, "I love you, Jonathan!"
Of course, after Jonathan proposed and I accepted, after we said "I love you" for the first time, our families came up, and we had to reenact everything for pictures...so here we go...
A picture takend right before the proposal...notice I'm standing on top of the rock... :-)
I almost think that this was taken after because we look so very happy...we were so very happy before, but afterwards, we were even happier if that is possible!
Good thing I didn't fall down this rock...I really like this one!
Looking over the edge...hmm...I wonder what Jonathan was thinking...hmm...
I wonder what is down that mountain that is so interesting...I think I commented on the haziness of the day...it was at this time that Jonathan was waiting on everyone to leave...
I have no idea what I was saying or doing...remember this was in the reenactment...not the real thing!...haha...but I was that excited!!!!
Will you marry me??? hmmm...no hesitation on my side!!! YESSS!!!!!!!!!!
Guess where the ring was from? Kay's...you know what? That is where I always wanted my engagement ring to come from...I never said anything about it, but isn't it amazing how the Lord knows our little wants!
Me, My Ring, and My Jonathan...my Sweetheart!<3
I love this one...and yes, I love it because Jonathan is in it!!!
Headed down...this time I did almost fall...a couple of times....
Headed into "Mayberry" riding beside my man!
My Sweetheart calling his sisters to tell them the wonderful news!!!
More pictures to come!!! Please pray for us as we now start to make wedding plans for November 27, 2010, Lord willing!






17 comments:
Ohhhhhhhhhh, a fall wedding! Fun, fun!! A beautiful time of year and the colors are really endless. *sigh*
~Kristi
Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you both. I love the picture of you both standing behind the trees - so cute! :)
Congrats again!!! It is always soooooo exciting to hear stories from people who have honored God in their relationships, and have been blessed by Him as a result! You both look radiant, and your love brings glory to God. :) Can't wait to see a pic of your ring!!! I'm sure it's gorgeous. ;)
Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for sharing this most special,happy time in your life with all of us.. I know, because God sent Johnathan to you, that you guys will make a very special couple...I love the picture of you and Johnathan between the trees, beautiful...
Love, Congrats, and good luck,
Glenda
Awww....I just love engagement stories. I simply cannot wait for your wedding. It will be beautiful I know. If ya need anything at all, let me know.
Also if you want to send me some idea/inspiration photos for your decor taste, that would be great. So I can keep my eyes peeled for things for your home. And if you've picked out color schemes/themes for your rooms, let me know. I just love to shop!
Thanks for the congrats everyone!
Heather,
I will do that! I have heard that you are an excellent shopper! :) I was just thinking today...boy, do I have a lot to think about and do and plan! It is exciting! I may get back to you with ideas and such!
beautiful pictures! "your practically glowing!" ha! Congratulations again!
~sarah
Jennifer,
Love the pics, soooo nice!! I am SOOOO happy for you two! The ring is gorgeous....I saw another pic on Rebekah's blog. :) Congrats once again. :)
~Brooke
Girl!!!! Kristi told me about this in church on Sunday!! I am so excited for you!! (= You are in for the greatest days of your life!
Praise the Lord! I've been waiting for this post! Saw on Rebekah's blog first! Congratulations!
I have got to watch one courtship/betrothel, who got married in 07. And watching yours (though it may be through Blogger) has been exciting! And the craziest thing... the dates for both marriagesare almost identical... She got married November 24. (Hey, her blog is arkrahnfamily.blogspot.com, and her brother is from the Krahn Family, brother to the girl who does "Serving The Lord Together"!)
So sorry it's taken me so long to get over here and tell you congratulations!! :D The pictures are great! :) Thanks for sharing!
~Haley
Ah, I love it!!! Seems a lot like the way N&A did it which I really appreciate. But I need to warn you, just like it gets harder and harder not to say those special three words, it will get harder and harder not to touch!! Naomi and Aaron started out sitting on opposite couches, then the same one, then just closer and closer. Fun to watch!! But again, a friendly warning! :) What a blessing and encouragement you are to other young ladies. Thanks for sharing with us!
I found your blog on Journal For Women Mrs. Julie Finks blog. I use to read your other blog and was disappointed one day to find you had stopped blogging. Godly blogs are so very rare. As are Godly ladies. Prayers and Blessings to you as your begin your wedding plans.
Thanks for the Friendly Warning! Naomi and Aaron were such an encouragement and blessing!
Thanks for the congrats, too, everyone!
We just got home from being gone most of the week and I almost screamed when I saw your post :) Congratulations!!
YAY!!! I've been gone for a week so I was just able to read this post. I've been waiting for this one, call it a hunch. CONGRATULATIONS!!! The ring is beautiful and it looks like you all had a wonderful time. I look forward to hearing more about your preparation process. I'll have to read more when I have the time after I get off of work.
I just noticed your wedding date! It's my sister's 21st birthday. :)
Post a Comment