Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Very Happy 6 Months...




Yes, can you believe that it has been 6 months since I announced that I was in a courtship? Well, it has! The Lord has been so very good. I am constantly amazed at the Lord's leading in our lives. The more I get to know Jonathan, the more that I like him, and I am thankful at what the Lord has given me in him!

I listed a few things that I had learned about Jonathan on our 5th anniversary...I could list a very llllllllllllooooooooooonngggggggggggg list about Jonathan...things I really like about him...it is so amazing to see how the Lord will even give the small desires of our hearts...things that we don't really ask for but desires that we don't mention to anyone. I'm so thankful that I have a Heavenly Father who knows my heart! I can say that in the last 6 months that I have realized that truth over and over...He does do exceeding abundantly more than I can ask or dream or hope or think...God is so very good to me...to us...to me and Jonathan! :-)
Here are 6 more things that I really like and am thankful about Jonathan:

1. I really like his name...I didn't even think about this until about a month or two into our courtship, but when I was growing up, I used to imagine what my man would be named...or play with my Barbie and Ken...and I would always name him, Jonathan, but that has always been my favorite boy name. It didn't even hit me until we were into our courtship! Wow! The Lord saw that little desire of my heart...even though it really didn't matter what Jonathan's name was, but my Lord knew that I liked Jonathan!

2. I am so glad that Jonathan holds the same standards as I do...that is a huge blessing! More important than the name...this is a very important thing when courting...and seeking the Lord's will concerning marriage! I have been so blessed in this!

3. I can talk to him...share my heart with him! He is a very good listener...even when it seems that sometimes, I am rambling on...I know that he is still listening!

4. I can trust him...he is not trying to lead me on, push me into anything, does that make sense? He is pure in heart...

5. I am so glad that he is spiritually minded...he has been the spiritual leader of our courtship...I am really thankful for that!

6. I just really like Jonathan for just being Jonathan!!!! I like everything about Jonathan! These last 6 months have been so wonderful...Lord willing, I'm looking forward to what the Lord has in store to the next 6 months for us!!

One word of advice that I would give to all you young people out there, please pray for the Lord to bring that special person into your life! Pray that the Lord will guide that special one to you! Pray for his/her protection! Don't be afraid to pray specifically for the little things, but always be sure that your desires match up to the Lord's desires for you. You will never be sorry if you trust the Lord to bring that special one to you! Trust me, there is nothing too hard for God, and this is the next big thing after salvation in your life! Why should we not pray about it? Take it to the Lord, and He will handle it for you! It is so much better when He does than when we put our hands in it!


6 comments:

Daniel and Rachel said...

Congrats!! :) Isn't amazing how fast the time flies by when you're in a relationship!!

About No. 1 on your list...growing up my imaginary guy/Ken doll/whatever was always John...I kinda forgot about it, and it wasn't until Daniel and I were engaged that I remembered...Daniel's middle name is John!!! :) Funny how those things work out sometimes...

Cove Girl said...

It's really wonderful and encouraging to see the Lord working things out and your willingness to let Him do it in His timing. I pray that things continue to get better in your courtship.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I am so happy for you! I love reading about the special way that God is blessing your life ♥.

With A Vision said...

"happy six month anniversary!"

Ashlyn Y said...

That is really neat about the name! Congratulations!!!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone!


For Your Enjoyment!