Hey, Everyone, just a real quick post to let everyone know what's been going on around here...hmmm...let's see...nothing too much! :)
We are getting into some wedding plans!! Yay!! Which I will be sharing more sometime...I have my dress...it is so beautiful and truly a blessing! We bought it from a store that was discontinuing their line of Eternity Gowns (a modest dress company), and all that needs to be done to that will be some alterations (but no pictures of that until after Nov. 27th!) Last week, we started shopping for some modest bridesmaids dresses...do you know how hard it is to find modest feminine dresses without spending $200!?! We looked at one shop and was going to buy sleeveless dresses with a jacket, but then, looked on the Internet. Those dresses were going to run $200 without shipping, but earlier this week, a pastor's wife friend of ours called mama and told her about a website that someone in her church bought theirs from! Here is the site if anyone is interested...not all of the dresses are modest, but there were plenty to choose from! Click here! The bridesmaids will be wearing black dresses and carrying deep red flowers...the men will be wearing black suites...we will be having, Lord willing, a Christmas theme wedding! I'm so excited! I have always wanted a Christmas wedding, but I never thought that it would happen. Isn't it neat when the Lord gives you those little desires that you have in the back of your heart? When I started courting Jonathan, I just kind of changed my plans for a later wedding, because I didn't know how the Lord was going to lead in our courtship...He could've have made it a longer courtship or a shorter one, but I didn't want to move outside of the Lord's timing...I just trusted that the Lord would lead Jonathan to lead in our courtship, if that makes sense. I didn't want to be the kind of girl who was pushy, because I knew in my heart that I loved Jonathan enough to wait for him...1 year, 2 years, 3 years...10 years might be pushing it...haha...just kidding, I think that ya'll get what I am trying to say, I don't know why I got on this subject...let's see...oh yeah...what I was trying to say, it is such a blessing to allow the Lord to lead through it all...it is definitely not a bad thing to let Him do that...
Well, it is getting late...I want to thank all of ya'll for the comments. I don't always get an opportunity to reply back, but thank you so much and I do love everyone! Keep us in your prayers as we start to prepare a home and seek the Lord as we follow His will for our lives together! Please pray for us as we make wedding plans, too... a friend of mine told me not to get stressed out...ahh...pray that I don't! :)
Well, again it is getting late (this is kind of like, Jonathan and I, during our phone calls...on hanging up), but we were reading in our Bible reading tonight during our phone call, and we came on the verse about having a goodly heritage (Ps. 16). I am so thankful that we both have been given a goodly heritage. I am thankful for my parents, for them being a godly example to me from the beginning, for them sharing the Gospel, leading me to the Lord, teaching me to serve and love the Lord, and giving me an example of what a Christian home should be...the same for Jonathan's parents...I am thankful for them, too...for them teaching him to serve and love the Lord, sharing the Gospel with him, leading him to the Lord, and giving him an example of what a godly home should be...I am so thankful...God is truly good, and He has proven that to me over and over again...I was thinking today, that even in the times when I don't trust Him, I have a moment of unbelief or doubt over what He has done or is going to do, yet He remaineth faithful...He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! What a blessing that is! I know as young ladies we are often emotional...our emotions are like on a roller coaster...up and down...but even then, our Lord abideth faithful, ever the same! Praise the Lord for that!
Now to finally close...I said this was going to be a real quick post, but it has turned out to be a long one! or maybe a medium size one! Before I do close, if any of ya'll have any ideas to share about weddings, please share them with me! I would love to hear them!
Have a great day, everyone!
Pantry Challenge Week #3
-
I'm participating in the $5 Pantry Building Challenge hosted by Patsi at A
Working Pantry.
This is what I added to my pantry this week.
The black bea...
1 day ago






7 comments:
Though I've never been married myself here are some observations that I've had over the past few years.
1. the best weddings that I've seen have been the ones where the couple is really true to themselves, whether they are traditional or not (like my friends a couple weeks ago with their wedding pie). It's both your wedding day so as long as you both do what's right for you no one elses opinion really matters.
2. if you don't feel right about something it's OK to say no. i've had a few friends that had regrets over not saying no to something a vendor wanted to do in their own creative realm.
3. make sure that your photographer understands what it is that you want in photos. communication is the key there.
Hope that wasn't to much. have fun with the planning November will be here before you know it. Once again Congratulations!
Because of his teaching schedule, Michael and I had to get married in 2 months or wait nearly a year! But, I did have time to have my wedding dress made and to have my brides' maids dresses made. The challenge of finding modest, inexpensive dresses was a real one even in 1991.
Thanks so much for the advice, Cove Girl! :) So they had a wedding pie? That is interesting...I had thought about cupcakes or even sugar cookies at one time especially with it being around Christmas...hmmm...I may think about that again! Photographers is another issue, too! Please pray that we find the right one...at a reasonable price, too!
Wow, 2 months to plan a wedding...and the dresses made!
Jennifer, you can see a picture of the pie on my blog. Just make sure that it's not a cherry or some sort of berry pie. That would be tragic for your dress. My friends chose to go with apple. Although with it being so close to Christmas a pumpkin pie would be neat. I've thought of cupcakes before, but never sugar cookies. That would be very seasonally appropriate too!
Photographers can be a stressful process. On both sides. I loved doing my friend Amy's photos last year, but her being a friend I really didn't want to disappoint her. Truth be known I hate to disappoint anyone. Thankfully she and her parents were happy. But her being in St. Louis and me being in WA we had many a phone conversation. In the end she just ended up trusting me, which left one less thing for her to have to plan. I think I could have done a better job had her wedding been in the afternoon and not a candlelit service at night. The lack of lighting made some shots tricky to get and I wasn't able to be as creative as I had hoped.
All that being said, Is your wedding in the afternoon or night like hers? Some photographers have a preference, knowing the difficulty that candlelight can cause. They should also know their boundaries as far as whether or not they are allowed on the alter. There is one photographer that has done a couple of the weddings at my church and no matter how many times he's told not to he always finds a way to get himself onto the alter to take photos. Grates on my nerves a bit. Anyway, those are just some more little nuggets.
thoughts continued. . .BTW good choice on the colors too. Black dresses can always be used again, what a great universal & slimming color. My friend Jackie did that for her wedding and it worked wonderfully.
I was at a wedding where they did cupcakes. I really liked the way it turned out. So that might be a neat idea for you.
Black dresses sound really neat! IT is super hard to find any modest bridesmaid dresses! I was at a bridal shop not too long ago and almost all the dresses were too low cut, or sleeveless. Hope you can find some good dresses.
A christmas theme wedding sounds awesome! Naomi Krahn did a winter theme and her cake had snowflakes on it.
God Bless you as you continue your wedding plans... I'tt be praying for you!!!
Post a Comment