Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, March 14, 2010

What are you focusing on?

View Image
 
Hebrews 12:1-2   Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
 
As I was sitting in church, I had a post pop into my mind. I know, I was supposed to be paying attention to the preaching, but I'm not perfect...plus the Lord convicted me of this very thing, and I just thought that I would share it with ya'll real quick before I go to bed.
 
Growing up, I was always a very shy person, and at times, I still am. I used to be really insecure, and I guess at times I still am. This is one thing that really convicted me. What am I focusing on? When I am insecure in who I am, what am I focusing on? Myself! A lot of times, we think being shy is humbling, that we are not really focusing on ourselves, I mean after all I don't want to get up in front of people, I don't want to talk in front of people, I don't want to do this or that...because why? My excuse was always what do others think of me, I can't get in front of people, I was constantly comparing myself to others and their abilities. Do you know how self-centered that sounds? I think that I have posted about this before, but a dear lady told mama and us girls that when we are shy like that we are focusing on ourselves, not on the God who made us. So...this week...my challenge to you and my self this week is when we start to feel sorry for ourselves, start focusing on ourselves, let us set aside that "weight" and yes, "sin" and look unto Jesus!
 

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thank you for this post very much! I confess this is something I struggle with. I am a very quiet person, while my sister is totally opposite. Because of this, it is very easy to just sit back and let Rachael say and do everything. Thanks again for the encouragement!
-Rebecca

Lindsay said...

Wow, I can totally relate to this, Jennifer! I'm really shy too, and what you said about that is so true. Thanks for the post... I accept the challenge! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing that! I struggle with that a lot, and lately almost daily! That really helped me realize what it is and my need to stay focused on the One that created me. The verse that came to mind was... "but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise"... It's such an encouragment to know that others struggle with the same things I do. Please pray that I will be able to get past my self focusedness and become Him focused.
Jordan

God's Been Good said...

I'm glad that this post was an encouraging post! Thanks for the comments!

Jennifer


For Your Enjoyment!