Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, January 29, 2010

Jennifer's Daybook...

FOR TODAY...January 29, 2010

Outside my window...cold and cloudy...we are expecting snow and maybe some ice in some areas...people are preparing for electricity to be out...


I am thinking...about that special person that is always on my mind...and God's goodness...what a wonderful Saviour we do have!

I am thankful for...my precious Lord, my family...for a good home...for email...and a cell phone! :)

From the kitchen...a sandwich not too long ago...

I am wearing...everybody guess...if you guessed a denim skirt 25 points for you! Every Christian girl needs a denim skirt...it is our uniform! And a purple sweater

I am going...to publish this post, hopefully get home before it snows, sleets, or does any freezing rain...

I am hearing...was hearing the music on my blog, now Rebekah's students playing the piano, we are in the next town over today...they have wifi!

Around the house...knitting a blanket on our knifty knitter (ok...I called it the right thing this time, Rebekah, Katie, and Bethany...I usually call it the knitty gritty...I like to make up names...hahaha)

Plans for the rest of the week...snow...snow...snow...we could get as much as 12 inches in some places! whoohoo! just hope there is no ice!


Verse I'm focusing on this week... I have been reading through Proverbs for about a month, and it has truly been a blessing and a help. This verse really stood out to me the other day:

"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

We, as ladies, have a most important ministry in the home. Whether we are married or single, most of us have a "home" of some sort, and according to the Bible, it is our job to build up that home. Home is not just a building, but people. Sometimes, I think that people are easier to tear down than a building. We as ladies can be the downfall of our homes. What are you doing to build up your family? Are you encouraging? Or are you constantly negative? I don't know about you, but I surely do not want to be classified as a foolish woman, but I want to be that wise woman who builds up her home. Though I often fail, this is my goal for this year to become a wise woman who builds her "house."

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I really enjoyed reading your daybook, Jennifer! Oh, Haley just bought a Knifty Knitter at JoAnn's last week. She hasn't tried it out too much yet, but it looks a lot easier than regular knitting! :)

~ Love,
Lindsay

Haley said...

Making a blanket with your knifty knitter? I recently got myself that and am working on a scarf. :) I haven't actually done too much yet, just enough to say I'm working on it, though. ;)

Love and hugs,
Haley

Our Cross Stitching Home/Historie/One of God's little Princesses said...

Hello. We are expecting some wintery weather here in NE Georgia, too. Hope you and your family are staying in, safe and warm. Virginia is enjoying a new draw string denim skirt from Blair.com. It is so versitile (sp?) Love your posts!
Mrs. Janis

emilia. said...

Hello! I just came across your blog and I love it! :) I saw you have clips from Calamity Jane AND Meet Me In St. Louis. Sigh, I love those two movies a lot. :)

May God bless you-
Emily


For Your Enjoyment!