Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Have Been Blessed...

I got a special email last night, and this song reminded me of that email! Thank you, Jonathan! Plus, I have been receiving email after email for the sheet music for this song, so I thought that I would repost the lyrics. I love this song...the words mean so much! You can click the title to order the sheet music!


I Have Been Blessed
by Michael Compton
When He moves among us—all that He does,
All of His mercy—all of His love,
If the pen of a writer, could write everyday—
Even this world could never contain—How I’ve been blessed.

Warmth in a winter—Flowers in spring.
Laughter of summer, the changing of leaves,
Food on my table, and a good place to sleep
Clothes on my back and shoes on my feet
I have been blessed.

Arms that will raise—a voice that can talk,
Hands that can touch, legs that can walk,
Ears that can listen—eyes that can see
I’ve got to praise Him as long as I breathe
I have been blessed

A mother and father—nurtured and raised
Sisters and brothers—memories made
Our pastor to lead us—this altar to pray
Stripes that heal—the blood that still saves
I have been blessed.

We live in a country—the greatest on earth
Where the flag stands for freedom and what it is worth
She stands in a harbor—Miss Liberty calls
All have given some, but some gave it all
So we could blessed.

He’s my shoulder to lean on—when I am down
The Rock where He leads me when I’m overwhelmed
The place where He hides me under His wings—He’s not just a song
He’s the reason I sing—I have been blessed.

Chorus:
I have been blessed, God’s so good to me
Precious are His thoughts of you and me
No way I can count them, There’s not enough time
So I’ll just thank Him for being so kind
God has been good, so good
I have been blessed.

God has been good
So good
I have been blessed.



We can truly say that we have been blessed! Like it says, if we could write everything down, if I could count them, I could never say enough of how God has been so good to us. All I can do is thank Him. Have you just taken today to just thank Him? Can you truly say that you have been blessed? Let's take this week just to praise the Lord for His kindness. God's Been Good.



10 comments:

nay nay said...

AMEN!!! I love this song! God really is so good! Great Post!!!
<3 Renee

Kate said...

I love that song! It has become my life song, I play it pretty much everyday, in fact its playing right now. No joke! :-) The words are so amazing and encouraging. I love where it talks about a writer not even being able to write them all done. I am a writer, and even I could NEVER remember all God has done for me. Thanks so much for the post.

Sharon said...

Oooh, this song is REALLY good! Our family sings it and I play the piano for it. It has FIVE key changes! Ouch! But it's a lot of fun.

P.S. - thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way!

sarahgrooms said...

Hi, I just found your blog and am happy to find others are KJV only! Hard to find anymore. I was wondering if you have the sheet music to the song I have been blessed. I teach the Teen Girls and they are going to sing this but I don't have the sheet music. Can you help out?

Thanks, Sarah

sarahgrooms said...

Hi, I was looking for the song I have been blessed when I ran across your blog. I am glad I did, it is hard to find God loving people who still use only the KJV Bible. I was wondering if you could send me the sheet music to this song. I teach the Teen Girls at our church and they want to sing this song, but I can't find the sheet music. Thanks, Sarah

God's Been Good said...

Sarah,
I can send you the music if you email me!

Jennifer

Brian said...

Hi Jennifer. I was wondering if you could tell me how I can get the sheet music to God's Been Good and I Have Been Blessed. I sure would appreciate it, and would be happy to pay for it if need be. Thanks and God bless you.

Brian Copeland
briancopeland86@gmail.com

My Bright Corner said...

That is one of my favorite songs - ever!

Sis Rachel said...

I, too, love this song and Bethany and Anna love singing it together. It is a great reminder...whether on the mountain top or in the valley!

God's Been Good said...

Mrs. Rachel,

No matter what comes our way, we can truly say that we have been so blessed!

Jennifer


For Your Enjoyment!