Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010...A New Year...fresh with no mistakes...


The one thing that has always stood out in my mind is the saying that Miss Stacey told Anne on Anne of Green Gables when Gilbert Blyth won the scholarship, "Anne, tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes." Looking back on this past year, I can see many things that I have failed the Lord at...in my faith, my boldness to witness for Him, in kindness, in attitude, but what a wonderful God we serve! A forgiving God, and a loving God! I am reminded of Ephesians 4:32, something that we Christians need to be reminded of so many times when dealing with people, saved or unsaved, "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." I remember teaching this to my little kids in Sunday school a couple years ago. Why am I bringing this up you may ask? This is one of my goals/resolutions for this year. So here's the list or at least part of the list:

  • A kinder, meeker, and quieter spirit: Ephesians 4:32 and I Peter 3:3-4,

    3Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

    4But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

  • Read my Bible through

  • A Better Prayer Life

  • A Bolder Witness...I am really timid sometimes when it comes to talking to new people.

  • Grow in the Lord, increase my faith, and a closer walk with the Lord

I could name many, many more, but like I said earlier, the Lord is so good to give a fresh start even every morning when you wake up, but especially as we confess our sins to Him, He is "faithful and just" to wipe the slate clean, and give a new start "fresh with no mistakes."

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful picture and beautiful thoughts, like always! I have so enjoyed reading your blog Jennifer and I look forward to continuing to do so in the coming year!

Jennifer said...

Hope you have a blessed and happy New Year!!

~Rebecca~ said...

I think we all feel this way...could have done better! I love that quote from Anne of Green gables...and how she adds.."Yet" :)

Our Cross Stitching Home/Historie/One of God's little Princesses said...

This is a beautiful post--for so many reasons. Your heart's desires for this new year are so like my own. And, I love anything from the Anne books!
Wishing you and your family God's richest blessings this year as you grow even closer to Him and to one another!


For Your Enjoyment!