Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful Tuesday



I decided to go ahead and publish "Thankful Tuesday" early by email...hope it works!


Psalm 26:7-12

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:
In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.
But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.


I love this time of year at our church. Each year, the Sunday before Thanksgiving, we have a supper, and after the supper, we take time to go around the room and "publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Thy wondrous works..."


I love to hear how the Lord is blessing in someone's life. There have been times when I've gone to church and been down and discouraged until someone stands up and gives a testimony of how the Lord has answered a prayer or blessed them in some way, or mayber I have received an email from someone telling me how the Lord has saved a bus kid or how the Lord has blessed them. We should never be ashamed to lift up the name of the Lord or tell of the ways He has blessed us.


I love the last part of these verses "...in the congregations will I bless the LORD..." Have you ever been in church and the preacher will be preaching on a certain Scripture, and another Scripture on the same page will catch your attention? That's what happened to me on Sunday...and I just had to share it with you all! So...this week, share with someone something that the Lord has done for you!


2 comments:

Becka said...

Love this post,
We yall have so much to be thankful for,

God's Been Good said...

Thanks, Becka, for the encouraging comments! You are a blessing!

Jennifer


For Your Enjoyment!