Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, November 13, 2009

Jennifer's Daybook...

FOR TODAY...November 13, 2009 (ooohhh...it's Friday the 13th...good thing I'm not superstitious! :D)




Outside my window...cloudy, rainy, cold, but the leaves are beautiful now! Just wish the sun was shining!




I am thinking...about being content...mama said something the other day which reminds me of a post I did earlier in the year...I may have to re post it and add something to it...we shall see!




I am creating...as usual this post, then I need to email some people, I always seem to fall behind on emailing people...hmm...what else? I think that is about all for now...




I am thankful for...the opportunity to serve the Lord and the ability to serve Him...the time that I am able to spend with my family...though I desire a husband and a home of my own and I hope and pray that the Lord will send that special someone soon, I am learning to be content and happy with the precious time I have with my family!




From the kitchen...let's see I bet you all can't guess what I cooked for supper last night?




I am wearing...a denim skirt and a blue shirt (walmart for $5) and a blue and green scarf




I am going...to go to Sarah's B-day party, visit the van route on Saturday, church on Sunday, then the week starts all over again...




I am reading...Betsy's Wedding by Maud Hart Lovelace




I am hearing...Rebekah's students play piano (she has lessons on Friday, and I have lessons on Tues. and Thurs.)






Something about me...I used to be really shy...I mean so shy that I would not look you in the face if you spoke to me and sometimes even avoid people, but with my parents help, I pushed through that difficulty...though there are still times that I struggle with looking people in the eye that I am talking to...and even talking to people, I am so much better. We had a dear Christian lady tell us one time that being shy is being self-centered because you are only thinking of your self when you are shy...I don't know if that is completely true, but I guess I was just thinking about myself...thinking about what if that person rejects me or doesn't like me...so what she had to say really made me look at myself in a new light...I found that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made"...no, I am not better than the other person, but neither are they better than me...but I have to say there are still times that I am insecure and shy...I "die daily" to this...






Random Picture...don't you miss Random Picture Thursday? haha...here is a picture we took earlier this year when four of us girls (Rebekah, Sarah, Megan, and me) went to the beach, coast, ocean, (couldn't decide which one to use) This was taken at a restaurant...it was so cold while we were there!









No comments:


For Your Enjoyment!