Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, November 20, 2009

He's Still Working On Me!



Jeremiah 18
1The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
2Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
3Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
5Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
6O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.




I love the way the Lord compares Himself to the potter and us to the clay. How He molds and shapes and works us to be what He would have us to be...I am so thankful for that! We attended a Ladies' meeting a couple of years ago, and at the time, the theme was the Potter's wheel/ Pottery. The special speakers spoke on different things, but one thing that really stood out was the fact that our master Potter takes just a piece of clay with all it's impurities and flaws and in the end He will create a perfected pot. He may have to let the pot collapse on the wheel and rework His clay to remake it, but in the end, it will be a finished work. We need to never worry...the Lord is still working on us!




I don't claim to be a perfect Christian...I wake up on the wrong side of bed...I get ill (angry if you live up North...haha)...I worry at times..., and lately, it seems that the Lord has been showing me more and more things that I need to let Him change in my life. Sometimes, I become discouraged because I forget that He is still working on me. In the end, as I fully surrender and allow Him to create and mold my life to be as he would have it, my life will be a masterpiece uniquely fashioned by the Master's hand. If the clay becomes stiff, the potter will work the clay to be to his liking...the same goes in our life...



Hebrews 12:10-12 (King James Version)

10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;



If this post seems to be rambling, I'm sorry...this has just been from my heart! So, today, if you feel discouraged, just remember God is not finished with you yet! Surrender yourself to the Master Potter, and let Him mold your life to His master plan!


1 comment:

Brooke said...

Jennifer,
I awarded you at my sight!


For Your Enjoyment!