Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, November 5, 2009

All my Desire...

In my devotions yesterday, Psalms 38:9a was the scripture.
"Lord, all my desire is before Thee..."
There are times in our lives where we feel like we are at a stand still, and all our heart's desires are waiting to be fulfilled. You have prayed and prayed, but no answer seems to come, and we think that our heavenly Father does not see or care or want our desires to be fulfilled. Isn't it such a comfort to know that all our desire is before Him? That He knows what will be fulfilled in His perfect timing? In my devotion, it went on to say this:
Only a simple word. This afternoon, words would not come when I tried to pray, and this troubled me; and then it was as if He, Who is never far away, said, What does it matter about words, when all thy desire is before Me? Perhaps you, too, find that words will not come when you wish they would. So I pass on my comfort.
~Amy Carmichael
This was such an encouragement to me! To know that my Father knows even my insignificant desires! Mama has spoken in some ladies' meetings before, and she has told the story of how one day, she just had the desire for a stick of gum, but didn't have any and wasn't going anywhere to get any. Well, when she went out to check the mail, there was her stick of gum! The Lord fulfilled her smallest desire!
Isn't the Lord good? So, my encouragement to you, my sister and brother in Christ, take hope God knows your desires! Whether you want a child, a family, a husband or wife, a new job, salvation of a loved one, take hope the Lord knows...God is so good!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Great post Jennifer! You describe right where I am now, and it was such an encouragement to be reminded that He knows my desires!

ashlyn1 said...

I like your new background! I have not seen your blog since Oct.31, so I had a lot to catch up on!

God's Been Good said...

I'm glad that it was an encouragement, Katie, and Ashlyn, thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer

Naomi K said...

That was great! funny thing, I was thinking about a couple verses about "desire" just yesterday - from Ps.145 - Thou openest Thine hand and satisfiest the desire of every living thing...He will fulfill the desire of them that fear Him...


For Your Enjoyment!