Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jennifer's Daybook

FOR TODAY...October 7, 2009


Outside my window...windy...part of our fall scene with our scarecrows has fallen down...dreary...

I am thinking...about the many things that I need to do today for daddy and tomorrow to get ready for this weekend!

I am creating...the prayer list for tonight and this post of course! I haven't sewn in a while...I really need to get back to working more with my hands!



I am thankful for...a daddy and mama who love the Lord. I have been doing missionary stories in children's church, and this past week, I did the testimony of my daddy for the kids. What we have been trying to get across to them is the fact that God has a plan and a purpose for each one of their lives...that God can use them! My daddy was raised in a drunk's home, never went to church, never had a bus pick him up to go to Sunday school. As a teenager, he became an atheist, but through dating my mama, he visited a Presbyterian church to hear a Baptist preacher preach on Heaven. That night he was convicted, but did not go forward to receive Christ. After 2 weeks, he knocked on a preacher's door for salvation, and was wonderfully saved! That night, he went home and told his father that he forgave him and loved him. He prayed for his father for 18 years before his father was saved! So, I am so thankful that my parents are saved and love the Lord.




From the kitchen...nothing at this time...and I'm getting hungry! I'll have to go search for something!! ;-)




I am wearing...a denim skirt and a blue and red plaid shirt!




I am going...to church tonight...piano tomorrow...then it will be Friday!!!



I am reading...nothing much right now...still reading some from the past week!



I am hearing...nothing much...it's pretty quiet here



My favorite things...I love going to church, I love serving in church, I love the country, I love old books, I love looking through antique shops even though I usually can not afford them, I love scarfs, I love hats, and these are just a few of my favorite things... :D




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great post!! I also love going through antique shops!!

Becka said...

What a sweet post..

I also love Lucy.

Stephen Raub said...

Outstanding post. Your Dad's testimony reminds me a lot of my parent's story of how they came to the Lord. Keep up the good work.


For Your Enjoyment!