Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, October 5, 2009

Exceeding Abundantly

I don't know whether I have posted on this verse before or not, but when I woke up this morning it was on my mind...

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. It has helped me through situations and been a comfort to me! The Lord is so good to give us promises like these!

Have you ever prayed a prayer, asked the Lord for something, and seen it answered in such a way that it was way above all that you could have expected? Think of your salvation...when we are saved we can not fully grasp all that the Lord is doing for us at that time or all that He is going to do...it is so much more than we ever expected. It is "exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think..." I have seen the Lord answer miraculous prayers in people's lives and even my own, and yet there seems to be times that we forget the things that the Lord has done or we forget to give Him the glory for the answered prayer. What spoiled children we are! May we never become used to what the Lord is doing in our lives and what He has done in our lives!

Let us give Him the glory like verse 21 says. Let us rejoice in the Lord for what He has done. This is another one of my favorite verses, "That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the Lord hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it." Isaiah 41:20. Let us rejoice so that others may know what the Lord is doing, and what He can do for them! God has surely been good!




3 comments:

Becka said...

I'm going thruogh somethings right now that I have been praying for the past five years, he is answering prayers all at one time, its wonderful !!!
I do thank him & praise his name

Brittany said...

Amen... great verse, Jennifer. I am enjoying reading your blog and hope to get to know you better. Thanks for being a young lady who loves the Lord... it seems like most girls our age live for self. It's refreshing to see someone who lives for her Savior.

Blessings In Christ, Brittany Comstock

God's Been Good said...

Becka and Brittany, thanks for your encouraging comments! It has been a blessing to get to each one of you!

Jennifer


For Your Enjoyment!