I was trying to decide on what to post today, and after being away for a week under great godly preaching, I have so much to say and don't know where to start...but one thing has been on my mind lately...resting in the Lord...I think as a young lady that is probably the hardest lesson that we can learn...it is trusting the Lord with our future. We have so many plans in our life...we want to graduate from highschool in a hurry, we want to get married, after we are married, we want children in a hurry...our whole lives are so rushed into what we think is the perfect timing for those things in our lives...we have a tendency to not trust the Lord and rest in Him and wait for His timing...at least I do...hahaha...which as young ladies, we should have these desires. It is right and biblical to want those things, but let's remember that while we have those desires and plans, to rest them in the Lord. I love Psalms 37, and it has helped me many times...
3. "Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4. "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
5. "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass."
7. "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him..."
These are just a few of the verses in this chapter that have been a blessing. I heard a preacher a long time ago talk about those things in our lives, I believe it was Dr. S. M. Davis, anyway, he said that when it comes to courtship, marriage, etc. to go to "sleep" spiritually. Rest so completely in the Lord that when the time comes that it will come to pass, it will be the Lord that brings it to pass and not of your own doing...kind of like the story of sleeping beauty...I always thought that was a beautiful story...haha...anyway, the princess was put under a deep sleep and no one could awaken her except her prince...the right one for her...we are to be like that princess...so resting (sleeping in the Lord) that when the Lord sends that special prince, he will be the only one to be able to awaken...he will be that one special person that the Lord has for me or you...whether it be this week, this month, next year or ten years...wouldn't be better to be resting in the Lord waiting for His best than settling for second?
Anyway that is my rambling post for today...hope that what was on my mind helped someone our there! =)








2 comments:
Great Post!
~Michaila
AMEN! It´s hard for us not so young as we use to be young ladies too. God has His timing.. beautiful timing.
wonderful post, Jennifer! God is using you. Stay busy for Him and He will bring the right one.
Jim Elliot said something like be 100% where you are. I can´t remember the exact quote, but it´s helped me through some tougher times.
Post a Comment