
Now, I can take a little time to go over all that the Lord has done this week in youth conference. Every preacher said something that spoke to my heart. The theme throughout every sermon seemed to be "being fully surrendered." The Lord deeply convicted me of this...there are so many things that the Lord pointed out in my life that I have failed to surrender...so many, but with the Lord's help, I have given those things to the Lord. When we do surrender to the Lord, it does have to be a constant surrender, an every day, every hour, minute by minute, of our will and time.
Another thing that the Lord truly spoke to me about was in a sermon by Greg Locke on conformity. He used 2 Cor. 3:18, "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." He said what we concentrate on is what we will become. That really convicted me...I spend so much time focused on my problems, my fears, people around me, problems at church, when my main focus--concentration should be totally focused on the Lord. If my life is constantly focused on what people have done to me, fear, doubt, sin, negative actions and attitudes, then that is what I will become. The Bible teaches us to be of one mind...wholly centered on Christ...this would take care of all the pettiness in our lives and churches if we were totally sold out to Christ...having a one track mind on Him and pleasing Him alone! This is easy to talk about and easy to say to do, but will you determine with me to make this your goal? I have already been tested when I came home today...will you ask the Lord with me to help you fully surrender your life, fully conform yourself to Him?







3 comments:
Sounds like what Camp was to me...not a sermon went by without God speaking to me! Am so glad y'all got to go and had such a great time! :-)
How awesome Jennifer! I'm so glad for the work of God in your life and others!
Yes, I will determine with you to fully surrender heart, mind, soul, body, and spirit to God. Nothing could be more fulfilling!
Blessings in Jesus' Name,
Andrea
Wonderfully inspiring post...brings one back to center. Someone said something today that really prompted me be say a little prayer: Though a man can wear two watches, he will not know what time it actually is.
I heard it at work but I just stepped back and thought, "Man, you have no idea the gravity of what you just said."
I strive to set my life by God's clock.
xoxo
Post a Comment