Random Spots (Pages is such a blah term, don't you think?)

The Countdown begins...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, June 22, 2009

God's Been Good Monday...falling in love...

No, I have not yet fallen in love with the man of my dreams, but today, I have so many things running through my mind, but mama and I were talking today while we were working in the yard...she asked me if I told the Lord that I love Him everyday...and I do, but I started thinking...have I fallen in love with the Lord? Do I really love Him?

The Bible says in I John 4:19, "We love Him, because He first loved us." That whole chapter covers the subject of love. Verse 10, "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." Verse 11 says, "Beloved, if God so love us, we ought also to love one another." Verse 20, "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?"


Do you love God? Reading verse 20, do you not love your fellow man? Is there someone that has hurt you, and you have refused to forgive them? How can you love God with this in your heart?


But this is really not what has convicted me...Jesus has done all for me, yet I have failed to love Him as I should. If I loved Him as I should, I would not do the things that I do to hurt Him. Do you realize that every time you have a fear, that you are doubting His love? Do I realize this? Do you realize that every time you break one of His great laws that you are breaking His heart? Do I? Do you realize every time that every time you are hurtful that you are hurting Him? Do I?


I am not saying that we are going to be perfect, but if we love the Lord, we should strive to do all that we can to please Him even more so than we would for a earthly lover. Isn't God so good to keep loving us no matter how much we love or don't love Him?


7 comments:

Michaila said...

Great Post! it really made me think...

Ashley said...

So true. I heard a preacher once say, "It's a shame I can't honestly say I love the Lord with ALL my heart". That has always stuck with me. There are times when I can honestly say that. Thanks for this wonderful post.

Deborah. said...

God is so wonderful!

Our Cross Stitching Home/Historie/One of God's little Princesses said...

We are studying 1 John in our Sunday school class this month. Thank you for this timely post!

Kate said...

Great Post! It is always a blessing to be reminded that we first need to love our Lord. I have always loved the thought that marriage is an earthly picture of our relationship with God, so if we aren't fully in Love with God, we will never fully love our future husband.

Mrs. Rachel said...

Hi Jennifer,

I read this post the other day and it immediately reminded me of a time in my life. Although I was saved when I was 8, the time that I look back on as when I truly fell in love with the Lord and His Word was sadly much later in life. God brought me through a deep valley to show me HE was all I had and all I needed. I have never been the same since. Yes, I still fail Him every day but that "time of affliction" changed me and the older I get the more I wonder if that's not what it takes for many of us to "fall in love" with Him. Psalm 119:71 ~ "It is GOOD for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes." Thanks for the post!

Courtney's Momma
P.S. Tell your momma "hey".

God's Been Good said...

Mrs. Rachel,

Thank you for your comment! I really needed it today! You and your family have always been such a blessing to us! It is during the hard times that we truly learn how much we need Him and don't deserve Him. It teaches us to love Him!

Hope ya'll have a great week
Jennifer

Katie,

What you said is true too! How can we love anyone the way we should if our relationship with our heavenly Father is not right!

Thanks, everyone for the comments!

Jennifer


For Your Enjoyment!