Ok, ya'll, we just had our first day at youth conference at Gospel Light Baptist Church in Walkertown, NC. Tonight, we enjoyed a great meal of cheese burgers and chocolate cake. Then, we enjoyed funny skits, great singing, and great preaching by Brother Kurt Skelly! Ok, as for the week in feminine dress for today, as you can see, we were all very yellow! Though it was probably not really what you call feminine, but hey, a pretty purse and great sandals, and a good denim skirt, and the right jewelry and you've got it made! Hope you enjoy the pics!
Pantry Challenge Week #3
-
I'm participating in the $5 Pantry Building Challenge hosted by Patsi at A
Working Pantry.
This is what I added to my pantry this week.
The black bea...
1 day ago






4 comments:
You all did a great job transforming your t-shirts into part of a most lady-like ensemble. Well done!
Cute purse! Consider following me @
http://www.beasworld.blogspot.com
I'm from Union Bpatist Church (pastor Jim Brown)
Jennifer,
I have enjoyed your posts on feminine dress. It is possible to dress feminine and modest- you just have to look a little harder these days. Sometimes it may even mean dusting off the old sewing machine. I know that I had to go to several stores before I found something appropriate for my soon to be five year old granddaughter. By the way I don't know if you have ever shopped at Cabella's on line- I was able to find a long denim skirt there with no slits! I love it!
Have you enjoyed the youth conference? What is it like?
Hope you have a good week!
Mrs. Naomi,
We have had a great time at youth conference! We have been so busy though...and I'm afraid that I have failed to take many pictures. It is hard to find skirts without slits! I always try to wear skirts without them...I think I own one skirt with a little tiny one, but I hate to wear it even if it doesn't open enough to show any leg (and its way back in my closet - a last resort!). That is one thing that is so hard to find. But we have a store called Belks, and for a few years they have sold denim and khaki skirts for about $20. And we shop at Cato's a lot. The denim skirts that we had on in these pics were from there and usually you can find a some pretty skirts!
Thanks for leaving a comment,
Jennifer
Post a Comment